Friday, August 25, 2006

afghan squares, ribbons and progress



This is my first square for the group that makes afghans for survivors of Katryna...I sent it off today to the lady that is putting together the current afghan.

I hope when she gets it that it will work in the plan she has!








This is the ribbon that we won in St Joseph last weekend.


We're pretty proud of it.


Things are returning to normal here, and I'm getting back to working on projects.





This is the progress made on the Solar Power piece. All of the purple is done, and on the right side I've started with the pale blue beads.

Worked on the Car Quilt today....finally finished the design of the center block with the trophy, got it all drawn onto the freezer paper and ironed onto the fabrics. Tomorrow I hope to get started on the stitching.

Have now completed the quilting of 5 blocks on the Cat Quilt.

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Wow, that solar power piece is looking awesome! I've always loved sun and moon designs. Congrats on the ribbon!

Bev said...

thanks Kelly! The solar piece has been a lot of fun. You'll notice it has NINE planets....I'm old, I learned that Pluto was a planet and I'm not changing it!!

;^P