Saturday, August 05, 2006

Here they are in all their pink glory....




The bodyless flamingo in all its splendor.

After spending quite a bit of time fiddling with the paint, I think I got the color right....let's see, a little red, a little violet, a little cappachino, a lot of white.....a batch of paint that can never be duplicated of course.

I guess the next step is to glaze these legs, then its on to the bird himself.




And here are the wings for the toucan.

These did not take as much time as the tail feathers, although they did present a challenge stitching and turning that little pointed wing tip.

Now we begin the challenge of putting this all together, especially installing the feet. I have cut some upholstry fabric pieces that are shaped like little cones to fit over the intersection between the feet and the body. I'm thinking there will have to be glue involved here somewhere.





Devoted some time last night to adding a few more rows of color around the sun rays.

Interestingly, these take less time each row, which of course makes me feel like I'm really accomplishing a lot of work!

We're now into the oranges, so my pallete is full of all these lovely shades that run right into the rusty red tones.

Looking good!



I have finished the quilting on the Cat Quilt. Got the edges all trimmed and the binding pinned to the back for the machine stitching. This one will definately be done very soon. Guess that means I'll be starting on the next one soon.

Work on the Car quilt was mainly cutting the first of the strips to create the bricks. Since I'll be getting out the sewing machine to stitch the binding onto the Cat Quilt, I'll also do some strip stitching (and hemming a pair of pants, and a couple other mending chores).

Need to do some house work today (once a week with some chores is absolutely necessary -- some more often), so need to get moving so I have time to get to the projects.

No comments: