Monday, August 07, 2006

Up, Up and Away?



This is the first drawing for the balloon beading project.

The idea is to have the smallest balloon actually stitched to the background then each of the other 3 "suspended" inside the frame.

This means that the back layer will be the usual procedure for stitching on the backing and the other 3 will have to be created in brick stitch then attached to the frame only at the top and bottom, probably on a clear thread....

All in all, an interesting design challenge.



More rows done on the Solar piece.

Notice the smallest little planet (Mercury) on the right side now has a bezel worked around it.

Coming along nicely.






Basically took the day off yesterday to visit with my sister and brother-in-law. Yeah for the B-I-L.....also known in our family as the Computer Doc.....he got my ethernet card and my wireless internet working....YIPEEEE! (see me doing happy dances all over the room?!) This will make my life much easier by letting me work just about any place in the house.....I feel like I've shed my leash!

Anyway, today is the day to do laundry and ship off Ebay packages (or at least the most of them), and in between I hope to get these things done:

1. Glaze on the flamingo feet
2. Begin putting together the toucan
3. Glue the last "jewels" on the hobby horse for KISA's new bear
4. Trim the face on the new apricot bear
5. Cut the brick wedges for the Car Quilt
6. Finish the orange rows on the Solar piece
7. Finish the binding on the Cat Quilt

Sounds like I better get to it!!

No comments: