Sunday, August 13, 2006

creating and packing



Work is progressing slowly.

Here is the latest on the solar piece.

The flamingo is sewed, turned, stuffed and closed. I need to sew on his wings, put on his eyes and attach his legs.....he's pretty cool!!

I have the dodo all laid out on the fabric, and I think she will be one of my travel projects.

Now have 2 sections of the car quilt's track stitched together, and have 1 1/2 blocks quilted on the next cat quilt.

In the process of planning how we will set stuff up for the coming show, we bought some small wood "furniture" which we have painted and stained. I have made custom "pillows" to fit inside each trunk or drawer so that we can display our pieces like "treasure"....this was a lot of fun actually.

We have started packing up the stuff we will take to the show....I spent some time yesterday retagging the jewelry that is stones set in silver.....there'll be no more wondering what the stone is and where I had the information how big the stone is.

We're still working on the bear on the carousel horse, a pig with polymer face and feet and an open mouth fur bear (a whole new approach).

Today's plan is the move some furniture around (the first dresser that we being refinished is done, time to move it upstairs so he can start on the second one) and start putting things we will take to the show in the spot right next to the garage door.

And in the midst of all that, I have an appointment with my new client to review their current system so I can plan the necessary changes (homework to do in the evenings during the show perhaps).

Time to get to work.

No comments: