Friday, August 04, 2006

and the winner is.....



Dorothy again!! She correctly identified these as flamingo feet.....even with out the pale pink coat of paint they are sporting now.

Methinks she spent WAY too many hours listening to her mother babble about animal creations.....

What I can say now is that there will be a lot of paint mixing done before the next coat of paint goes on since I need to match the color of the fur the bird will be made from.






And so on to a bird of a different feather!

These three wedge shaped pieces are the tail feathers for the toucan.

Each of them is the same front and back, but it took a while to get them sewn properly what with the narrow top edge and the scalloped bottom edge. Not bad looking tho'

The next step is wings......







More rows have been applied here.

Now we're to the beginning of the oranges, so I had to spend some time putting away yellow beads from the palette and pulling out the orange shades to do the next few rows.

It is looking pretty amazing.

My original thought was to make the edges pretty much an even curve around the edges, but the pattern of the rays is creating a lovely rippled edge that I rather like, so I may just "let it happen"!






Work yesterday on the Car Quilt consisted of making a trip to the fabric stash, followed by a trip to the local fabric store (they were having a truckload sale) to find enough yellow/red/orange/brown tones to create the bricks for the track.

After trying to figure out how to piece the track from the drawing and finding there were well over 600 pieces (ok, I gave up counting at that point) if I tried to cut them individually, I was ready to tear hair and throw things.

For some reason, however, the approach was perfectly clear to the DH, so KISA came to the rescue again, and I think I've figured out an approach to doing this. At least I'm not throwing things any more.

The Cat Quilt border is almost finished. I have just a little over one side to finish quilting then its on to the binding!!

Guess its time to get to work!

No comments: