Wednesday, August 16, 2006

hockety, pockety, wockety, wack.....

odds and ends (but no brick a brack!)

Spent a lot of time yesterday packing jewelry, packing clothes, packing work kits.

The packets of pictures, descriptions and the CDs with .jps for the two bear magazines are complete and mailed off. The hard part about this is that once this is done we begin the worst part....waiting to see if anything gets published. This whole business of really putting ourselves out there is new, and I suspect we should have been doing it years ago, but I just didn't have my stuff together enough. Besides that, its only recently that I have more often felt that "did I do that" feeling that means that a piece is really, really good. Anyway, now we're waiting for publication on those 4 and on to working on more.

We're leaving today for our show. Tonight we'll stay with our daugher and leave our dog with her (this will be the first time in her new house, so I hope this works out well for her). Tomorrow we drive to St Joseph, MO, where the show will be.

I've packed up my laptop and its wireless card along with some information I need to get written up to list things on Ebay, the newest stuff I need to get out on my website and a folder to read for my accounting client. This is "evening in the hotel" fare.

In the car work I have packets to work on a dodo, a new bear design and the last two segments of the brick track for the car quilt.

I also have 3 partial skeins of yarn, a pair of #9 knitting needles, a plastic ruler and 3 index cards with pattern stitches written on them. This is for a project where I'm making afgan squares that are going to a charity...its a small way that I can "give back", and a good way to clear out the stash of left over yarns.

The Solar Power beadwork is also packed, but it will only come out at the show, basically so people can see the work in process....I hope to be to busy writing receipts to actually work on it.

So, its time to go have breakfast, pack the car, etc.! I'll be bloggin on the road, but I can't promise pictures until I return next week.

No comments: