Wednesday, August 30, 2006

working slowly



This is the latest afghan square to be donated to Squares4Survivors.

This one actually got knit twice. I started with the blue and had about 2/3 of it done before I realized that there wasn't enough blue to finish it.

So, instead of adding the white at the end which would YELL "I didn't plan this very well!", I frogged it back and reknit it in thirds so that it looks like its supposed to be that way....much better!

Today its going off to North Carolina to the lady that's doing the next afghan assembly, and I get to scrounge about in my yarn stash to find the next yarns to work with.

(Can you tell I've spent a bit of time in the car the last few days, that's the only time I work on these!)


We've been out looking for a vehicle to buy. Since ours blew up in April it seems that we've had to clear a lot of hurdles to get to this stage, but at least I can say that it has been completely researched! Yesterday we were in and out of about a dozen vans of various brands, as well as a couple of SUVs. The verdict is that a van would be a much better fit! We hope to have this process over with soon.

The solar power piece is being worked on, I'm now into the blue sections on each side. If I actually get some time to work on it, it should go pretty fast. I'm hoping to have the beading done by Monday evening. There are a number of other beaded pieces I want to get to, and I need to do some more basic pieces to add to the inventory before we get into the fall show schedule (I sold a number of those pieces in St Joseph, so I need to replenish the stock).

I now have 7 blocks of the Cat Quilt complete. Got some of this done yesterday while I was sitting with my mom and sister while my dad had a medical procedure done...he's doing fine.

The Car Quilt is my current frustration. I pieced the brick track and I have the "infield" section pieced, but I haven't been able to get the two to match up for connecting. I'm going to have to spread out both pieces on the dining room table and work out the issues and make whatever adjustments are needed.

Only problem is right now the dining room table is covered with display pieces that need to be cleaned/glued/etc., after their little journey through the damp at our last show. {sigh!} I guess there's no avoiding this project if I want to get to that quilt.

Last night I made the leap again of entering a short writing piece in an on line contest. If you'd like to see what I wrote, go here:

http://clarityofnight.blogspot.com/2006/08/entry-99.html

Its kind of fun to share my writing with other people!

Anyway, I've got lots of things to do today, so I guess I better get busy!

No comments: