Friday, September 22, 2006

Birds of 3, leave them be?



Such might be the appropriate caption for this mean looking bunch!

These are the first of the totally completed critters for our upcoming show.....our dodos have been a big hit at past shows, so we're hoping they do well in Dallas where folks have never seen our stuff.

I have 3 bears that I'm working on still, and all of them are now at the face, feet and accessorize stage, so we're doing pretty well.




I did get this 4th piece of stone done.

I'm doing this is a different style than the others (you know, I get bored doing the same thing....its a character flaw I guess).

The bigger beads at the bottom are all 4mm malachite.

Right now all 4 of the stone pieces are being glued to the backing so I can do the edges next.

And of course I've already started working on yet another piece that involves size 11 delicas, nylon cord and large wood beads.....the first attempt on that one was dubed a failure, so we have moved on to phase II....success to be determined

I have finished all of the background of the car quilt and last night started with the applique that goes over it.....this morning I printed out the base pictures that I need to convert into patterns for the rest of the appliques.....here is where I get really challenged being able to manage all those little curves and angles

I'm working on the last block of the cat quilt, then on to the borders!!

Have lots of other paperwork to get done too, so I need to get busy!

No comments: