Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What is it part II.....



Ok,since no one was brave enough to venture a guess about the first What Is It picture, I'm posting this one as the progress made shot.

So, here's the question again.....What are they?

Have been working on a new lining for my daughter's winter coat (its been cool enough for a jacket in the early morning, so winter's coming). Its a very nice long black wool coat that had a very boring black lining in it, but as usual after two years of wear, the lining gets a little tattered, and she brings it home for relining. The new lining is much more interesting -- BRIGHT RED!! This morning I got the lining all stitched together, so this evening I will begin pinning and hand stitching it into the coat. This coat was very well made and of good material, so its worth the effort as it has at least 2 more years of wear in it.

Got the solar piece and its backing all cut out, so now I can do the edging and the clasp.

We made a supplies order over the weekend, so new beads should arrive soon for the new pieces I want to work on....I have two pieces of shell (one blue, one pink, both look like oil on water); a piece of unikite jasper (spinach on a brick!) and a really nice piece of bullseye malachite to do small pendants with. These usually work up in an evening, so I should be able to knock those out in a week (fully finished) once the supplies get here.

I laid out several more critters yesterday afternoon. Now I have 3 dodos, a flamingo and 2 bears in process besides the mystery project from the picture above.

Quilting is coming along too!

Time to get back to it!!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Yeah Nate!! Yup, this is the entry for "Things that go Bump in the Night" .... a big hairy spider!

More updates to be posted as it comes together.