Thursday, September 14, 2006

a shopping trip....

is what we'll be doing today.

The Gem Show is going on in Denver this weekend, and its my preference to go on Thursday or Friday when it is less crowded. So, today is our day.

These are alway interesting trips. We start off with a list of what we are looking for, but sometimes we find something totally unexpected. For most of my big pieces I like to actually handle the piece of stone before I buy it since I use such big pieces, and this is the best place for me to do that.

So, an adventure to find new inspiration today!



Got the first of the beading done around the blue shell now. It too looks really good!

One of the things I will be looking for at the Gem Show today is the beads I use for the core of the necklaces on these.

I started a new project last night too.....using some nylon cord and some 16mm and 20mm wood beads as the core of a bracelet....it looks pretty cool, and I sense a whole new set of items to be made!!

Time to get going

No comments: