Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Buggy" Bear, slippers and fall doodles





As you may recall from a post last week, I did marker drawings on a chunk of corduroy that I was making a bear out of.

Here then, for your consideration, is the completed project (everything but his bow, that is, but I wanted pictures where we could see all the drawings!)

Don't you love the caterpillar crawling across the nose?!

This pattern is the very first pattern I ever made a bear from (the first one being made for my nephew), and I still occasionally get a request to make it. The funny thing is that no matter how long its been since the last one, I can still just about build one of these in my sleep (I've made over 100 of them!)

So, I'm hoping the requester will be pleased, as this is one is very unique



And another item crossed off my UFO list!

Another pair of slippers to warm the toes, even tho' these are a somewhat cooler and more sedate color combo than the sunrise pair were.

I have one more pair of these to do. (That number may go up as I noticed last night that the pair I knit for myself last year are starting to get thin on the bottom, but I'll finish other things first!)



The doodling continues......I admit that despite my best intentions (Ok, we all know the road to hell is paved with those!!), I can't seem to manage to do these in the sketch book because its never right at hand -- perhaps what I need is a sketch pad and the drawing pencils (in a case of course) on an "idiot string" like we used to have our mittens so they didn't get lost and we could find them at all times.....

anyway, I started this one while I was talking to my daughter and finished it during a conversation with my mother......

I'm starting to think that I'm much better at doing drawings that I just "make up on the fly" than at drawing from life.....the up side of this is that no one can tell me "that's not what's in the picture"!!

So, now what do I do with these? Perhaps a story will suggest itself -- nothing like doing the process backwards!!

Last night, since I had finished the slippers, I put another knitting project "on the sticks" -- this one should be fun as there is only a very loose instruction and I get to create the patterning as I go along -- I am taking notes as I go, in case I want to build another of these.

I've been working on this year's Christmas letter. You'd think for someone that babbles on online almost every day that this wouldn't be so difficult....guess there's something about trying to compress a whole year into no more than 2 pages that is difficult for me.

Time to get to work!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

The "buggy" bear is so cute, he's downright adorabearable!

Bev said...

yup, one of the best ever -- I hope the person its going to likes it!