Saturday, December 01, 2007

more fairies, "buggie" cloth and boxes of goodies



A prime doodle fantasy this one....in fact I'm looking forward to getting to color this one in --

And it seems that each one I do gives me more ideas to play with for the next one....

such fun!




This is a chunk of cream colored corduroy that I'm going to be making into a bear for a gift.

But, I didn't want just plain fabric -- so after all my excursion yesterday doing research for the fairy paper dolls and pulling up pictures of bugs and butterflies and caterpillars and fungi and flowers -- I sat down with my fabric markers and drew right on the fabric.

Today (now that I know the ink is dry) I will heat set the colors then I can start in on the bear.

These are some close ups of the individual bugs -- all done free hand with permanent markers -- sort of the equivalant of working the NY Times Sunday crossword in ink (although I did have some additional fabric I could use if I messed it up)

I think they are pretty neat tho'




And this lovely box of goodies (there were other goodies too) came from my sister -- wonderful colors of WOOL yarn to do a specific Christmas project with (wool is a foreign fiber in my knitting bag as most of my knitting is done for my daugher and try as she might, she just can't wear wool next to her skin, so I don't knit with wool for her)

Aside from the pleasure of the colors and knowing that I can now get on with that project, the fun of this box was watching my 75 pound labrador try to figure out where the 5 kitties were. (Now there is evidence of cross cultural co-existance in a family if ever I saw it -- my sister has cats, we have a dog -- it works out fine thank you!)

Tomorrow we have a show in the Denver area, where we will be exhibiting our bears. We will have our new items, some Christmas themed pieces and a table of End of Edition bears at reduced prices. If you'd like to come and visit, you can see more details about the show by using this link.

So today I will be working on projects and getting ready for the show!

3 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Bev, you're awesome at free-hand drawings!

Bev said...

thanks Kelly!

Nancy G said...

"Bev, you're awesome at free-hand drawings!"

Most definitely; I agree! When I saw the picture of the fabric (before reading the text), my first thought was, "I wonder where she found that wonderful corduroy?"