Monday, December 31, 2007

The rest of Christmas revealed.....


This present was a hit!

The quilted piece I did for my daughter and son-in-law as seen in a picture my daughter took of the front window of their place.

They really liked it, and I'm thrilled that they did!!



since this yarn could not be felted for the project I intended to use it for, I knit it up into a hat that will go to a charity knitters group

at least this way it is going to a good cause

meantime, I'm redesigning the project I originally wanted the felt for













This is the camera case I made for my sister

It was just the right size and she liked it

This was fun, I used fabrics that had scenic prints and clipped out pieces that I then "framed" like a photo on the front and back

The inside has a bright colored, quilted lining to protect the camera, then because we're talking electronics here and a magnetic clasp seemed like a bad idea, I used a velcro dot instead



I also made her a beaded cord for her glasses









leg warmers (2 bright colorful pairs) for my brother in law to help keep his legs from cramping

I'm hoping even the colors will help keep him warm












These are Tabi. They are the traditional style of sock worn in Japan with the shoes that have the strap that goes between the toes (thong sandle style)

I made these for my nephew. The grey and beige pairs are made of a fabric that reminds me of lightweight sweatshirt material.

The dark blue pair is a cotton fabric that I did traditional Japanese embroidery on "for dress"


And so now its on to new projects for a brand new year!

Hope you all have a safe celebration -- see ya next year!!!

No comments: