Sunday, December 23, 2007

what the well dressed Cati (or Pilar) would wear.....



Ok, just a little sample of the costuming going on for the paper "dolls".....

Its my contention that the little girl caterpillars dream of dressing up as beautiful butterflies......

This is the first of 6 outfits I have created...the drawings are done and now I'm doing the coloring





and I did this as a background

I still have several more pages of drawings to do and the coloring (which I am doing with a combination of very fine point markers and colored pencils -- my friend suggested water colors would make nice backgrounds, but that is TOTALLY beyond my abilities at this point -- maybe later!)

Once I get all the seperate components drawn up I will be trying to figure out the "layering" abilities of my printshop software so I can combine the images and do the print outs.

Today will be full of baking and cleaning. Yesterday I got all the presents wrapped and under the tree. I can tell you there were a couple of items that were a real challenge!

Meantime last night because I was just too wiped out by a sinus headache to work on the drawings or start anything else I cast on the first afghan square for 2008's charity knitting.

Time to get moving, the Yule Log cake awaits being frosted and decorated.....

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Bev, I agree, some of those presents are just too dang hard to wrap. haha!

Merry Christmas!