Saturday, December 15, 2007

Its the "OH NO" factor

As I was moving right along through the next step in my Christmas projects I suddenly realized that I had a real problem with the dark blue embroidery project.

What was supposed to be a mirror image pair was in fact an identical pair -- the equivalant of having 2 left feet! Somehow I hadn't noticed that the patterns, while marked left and right were actually both faced to be the left. What to do? I didn't want to start all over again, I'd already done all that stitching....hmmmmmm

After some thought I turned the piece back to the white side and filled the entire space around the pieces with more lines to be stitched on. I'm about 2/3 done with filling those all in, then I will just use the fabric as if it were just a piece of yardage to be cut into.

So the result of the project will be different than originally planned, but the work is not lost.

I got the most amazing card yesterday from a friend in California. He works in multi media collage art and does some truly amazing (and very large) pieces. This card included a photo of just a piece of a triptych he had done for a show that is blues and greens in the most amazing layers and patterns -- I would just love to do a version of in in fabrics -- truly a place to use a fusing technique.







Yesterday's doodling produced these.....with a little work the girl could become a paperdoll. And how about these Byzantine style birds?!

time to get back to working on Christmas presents!

No comments: