Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beadwork and zebras

Ta Da!

I finished up the bead embroidery on this piece yesterday afternoon.

This morning I'll be looking for a piece of leather to do the backing with

I'm thinking about doing a pair of earrings to go with this --- slightly smaller and mirror images

(Ok, like this isn't small enough, but I like the challenge, and smaller goes quicker!)

And, I'm happy to report that I have FINALLY succeeded in teaching myself how to do a twisted herringbone chain, so I'm working on finishing the latest piece of beach glass using that technique. Hopefully that will be completed in the next couple of days so I can get some pictures.

Thanks to my sister getting a package in the mail and the post office delivering it FAST, I was able to return to work on the striped Christmas knitting

The circular needle is so much easier --- in the time it had been taking me to knit 2 or 3 rows on the straight needles, I did 7 last night!! Oh JOY!! Oh yes, and no shoulder pain either.

But wait --

there was something else knitting related in the box --

a really LLLLOOOONNNNGG cord for my set of Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles

Which means when I start in on the sweaters I'll be knitting for this year's Christmas, I won't have to string together all of my shorter cords together, which also means I can have more than one project on the sticks at a time (oh yeah, like I needed THAT encouragement!)

It will make the project easier though, and I'm quite delighted to get it, as I'm thinking about ordering up the yarn for the first project here in the next couple of weeks.

time to get to the laundry then back to work!

3 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Great mask Bev!!

--Dave

GraceBeading said...

Man.. that was quick! Nice work too.

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

LOVELY, Bev!!!