Monday, February 23, 2009

New Jewelry Project and Old Knitting

I started a new necklace.

Back quite a while ago I had purchased a really neat purple lamp glass leaf shaped "bead". I've tried several different ways to string it up with other beads, but just was not happy with the way it looked --- it just looked --- well, like a leaf bead with a bunch of other glass beads -- bleah!

Recently, one of my favorite suppliers has started carrying this new item. They're big (I bought 12mm and 14mm sizes) and they are "pointy" on both sides -- crystals that are sort of facetted.

So, here is the beginning of the new idea for that leaf. I'm using netting to "bezel" each of the crystals, then I'll be doing a thick herring bone tube to string through the leaf so it doesn't "flop", and attach the crystals in a pattern at each end of that tube. Then right angle weave from the other edge of the crystals around the neck.

At least that's the plan right now!


I spent quite a bit of time in the car over the weekend as we made a trip to our daughter's house.

These two blocks for the Wall of Linen afghan are now complete.

Only two more of these (or one if I decide to just pick up stitches along the edge and go sideways) before I'll be deciding if I'm ready to start putting it together or want another row of blocks first.

Looking pretty good here.


So, today it's laundry and taxes for my daughter and a friend then hopefully work on birdhouses and beading and quilts and ---- well, you get the picture

No comments: