Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A new sort of dog toy

Since my daughter got her new dog (a Cairn Terrier), I've been making various styles of dog toys in an attempt to find something that the "terrier-izer" doesn't instantly destroy.

We've tried squeeky toys of several different materials, but it takes very little time for her to disembowel them.

This is my latest idea.

It's made out of 4 long strips of plush fabric woven together in that square braid technique we all learned by making plastic whistle lanyards when we were kids.

I can report that my labrador, who loves squeeky toys, is totally disinterested in this one, probably because it doesn't sqeek.

We'll see what the "terrier-izer" thinks.

Meantime, I seem to be in the "slog along" stage of several other projects --

the beading on the Mardi Gras mask earrings is progressing, I hope to get the last of the bead embroidery finished today so I can start putting them together

the front legs of the zebra have been worked up above the very cute knobby knees

another part of the Unidentified Christmas Project is complete

yesterday the DH found me some sandpaper so I can start smoothing the bird houses and another wood project I've got in the hopper

rollin' along!

No comments: