Wednesday, February 04, 2009

next Christmas knitting

more oddities

it's black and white stripes!

using the same pattern from the orange horse on needles 2 sizes smaller (the orange horse is really big!)

this is my version of the zebra

notice the irregular striping -- much more interesting that even rows

the DH wanted to know why I wasn't doing the stripes in "V" shapes --- OMG!

not to fear, there will be plenty of intarsa knitting when I start in on the giraffe later

I'm working on a necklace with the gold beach glass, and it's looking really good --- I'll be "zipping" up the chain today, so with any luck it will be all finished tomorrow.

Work on both quilt projects continues, and I'm making good progress on the afghan block that I'm making up as I go along

and of course it's tax time, so I'm filling in forms (about my least favorite thing to do!) -- fortunately I was a bit more organized last year, so it's been a bit easier than past years -- and it's nice to know that while there will not be a refund coming our way, I also will not have to write a check to the IRS!

time to get moving

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the giraffe - we have a new baby giraffe at our zoo, she's adorable!http://www.buffalozoo.org/news.html