Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finished Pin, and winners of the drawing

I finished up the pin!

On the whole I'm pretty pleased with it.

The biggest problem was working the bead edging around the eye holes (which don't even show up very well in the picture)

The finished size is 2.5 inches from side to side and 3 inches from top to bottom.

So, provided the weather is ok on Sunday (I'm not driving if it's ugly!), I'll be taking this to my beading meeting to enter in the Mardi Gras competition.

I did the layout of a pair of earrings using the same design, just smaller that I'll be starting on as soon as I finish the never ending herring bone twist chain I'm working on.

The earrings will NOT have open eyes, I'm going to fill that area with black instead (geesh, I'm crazy but not THAT crazy!!). I'm thinking that I might enter all three pieces as a set in the supplier's competition -- we'll see how they come out -- I have until April 15 to get that done.

I can also report that I have 101 pieces in the Unidentified Christmas Project -- whooot!

Today was the official end of the One World, One Heart drawing. Early this morning, the random number fairy (ok, I had my DH do it) selected two numbers.

The winners this year are from these two blogs: Simple~Needs and "Stampgram". I'll be sending out the goodies as soon as they respond to the emails I have already sent.

I'll be stopping by the blogs of all of those that responded over the coming weeks (and trying to revisit the blogs of all 911 (!) participants).

This has been a lot of fun, and I'll be doing it again next year!!

Meantime, I'm considering doing some other random prize drawings during the year, so stay tuned!

time now to return to the tax forms ---- Pfffftttt!!

No comments: