Thursday, February 05, 2009

Golden Beach Glass


Finished this piece yesterday.

This is the first piece of the gold glass that I've worked into a piece of jewelry. Notice the texture in the glass? I love the way that looks.

The piece of glass is about 1.25 inches across and 1 inch up and down, and it is slightly curved (since it was a piece of a drinking glass).

The "bezel", bail, chain and clasp are all made of gold colored seed beads, so there is no metal in this entire piece.

Today I'm going to start working on another piece of beach glass -- this one was originally clear glass, and now looks kind of frosted as a result of the tumbling. I'm going to use red beads with it, and try a new technique for the "chain" -- the right angle weave I used on the last few is really nice, but variety is cool too!

Zebra knitting and both quilt projects are progressing too.

Remember Cupcake?

Yesterday I put her out on my Etsy shop, so if you would like her to come and live at your house, use this link to check out how to make that happen.





There is less than a week left to enter my give away for this year's One World One Heart gypsy caravan.

Use this link to go to my announcement post and enter.

EVERYONE is welcome to enter, just make sure I can contact you when I do the drawing next Thursday morning!

Time to get back to those pesky tax forms

No comments: