Saturday, February 28, 2009

zebras and birdhouses

The zebra knitting is done!!

Oh joy

Love those back legs with the cute curves of stripes

The ears (center of the picture) are not actually knit. For something that size I couldn't figure out a way I could do stripes and hide the weave ins and do the curves and --- well, you get the picture. They're crocheted

So now there will be stitching and turning (which will probably mean some mumbling) and stuffing

Pictures to follow my pretties!

This also means I now need to get serious about charting the back legs and the body and the head of the giraffe

More painting has been going on, as well as a little bit of sandpaper being applied

The green and blue ones are now ready for the staining (which will be done when the DH is using the stain -- no point opening the can twice).

The red one had started out as pink, but I decided that the crackle finish just wouldn't show that much if I put white over pink.

The new idea is to use white over the red and red over the white and with the crackle medium it should look pretty cool -- I hope

Oh, and don't you love the blue "spires" on each one? These all have a nice rope hanger that I don't want to "contaminate" with paint or stain, so I wrapped them in painters tape. What a nice side benefit -- they stand up out of the way all by themselves!

The new "black magic" necklace has been started --- there has been some "voodoo" already. The backs of the stones are very uneven and don't lend themselves well to being netted, so I've glued them down to a backing and will do bead embroidery around them. More about that later.

time to get a move on!

No comments: