Friday, February 20, 2009

Mardi Gras Mask Earrings


from the front and from the back

These are on a post with a nice leather backing

I think they look pretty good, and they're a nice match to the pin

I haven't decided yet if I'm pleased enough with them to enter them in the competition with the supplier.

Stage One of the bird house painting

All three of these were painted with a paint that is "white"

From left to right the labels on the paint bottles were: white, icy white, antique white -- more like white, blue, tan

anyway, today I'll be trying to decide what the color of the next coat of paint will be. I'm pretty sure the square one will be a shade of pink and I'm thinking that one will have a "crackle" finish too. The other two I'm not so sure about yet except I'm trying to keep the paint off the roofs and perches so those will be stained later -- the wood grain on those roofs is too pretty to cover up.

I have finished the quilting on the guardian angel wall hanging, so yesterday I went to the fabric store to get something to use as the binding.

I found a very nice piece that was on their 30% off sale, which was a good thing.

While I was in there, I found this magazine.

What cool stuff --- and I'm not really all that into Asian design, but there are some amazing techniques in here.

For instance, those camillas on the cover -- there is a full size pattern for them in the magazine (it covers an entire 8.5 by 11 page). The first thing that went through my head when I saw it was "I wonder if you could make those 3 dimensional?"

I've bought several issues of this magazine (when ever I can find it on the newstand), and loved them all --- I think it's time to subscribe --- it will be less expensive!

This picture could be labeled "The Great Speckled Dog -- or Why Labradors Aren't Allowed to Use Sand Paper"

The DH is building me a bench

A while back the piano that has lived at our house for a long time went to my daughter's new house. And of course the piano bench went with it.

Thing is, I used to also use that bench at the loom.

So, like I said, the DH is building me a bench

He has the top all done and was doing some sanding yesterday when Elphie decided she needed to help -- as in put her nose right up to where the saw dust was flying around.

Oh yes, the bench is oak, so the saw dust is light colored. Hence the great speckled dog.

geesh!

ok, today there will be painting and sewing and selecting of a new beading project and no doubt other things too --- like a trip to the pet store for a bag of dog food!

No comments: