Monday, February 16, 2009

A block complete and a new idea

Here is my first "make it up yourself" block for the Wall of Linen Afghan that I started by following the idea over at Mason-Dixon Knitting.

So now I actually have 3 full rows of blocks complete

I'll be moving on to the last row soon -- I need to spend some time with paper and pencil to figure out what configuration that next row of blocks will take -- what colors, how many ridges in a stripe, etc.









I was in that "den of iniquity" known as Michaels over the weekend and found these adorable little wood bird houses --- only $1.00 each!!

I just love the round ones, and the little heart shaped opening in the middle one is cute too.

The plan for these so far is to paint/stain them (after liberal application of sand paper!), then to create some little needle felted birds to set on the perch of each one.

This should be interesting.

This morning I made the final copies and my taxes are officially DONE!! I'm really happy about that. I'm going to make some changes to the way I keep track of things for 2009 which should make this process easier next year, but I have to say it was not as painful as it's been in the past.

So today, between loads of laundry and a quick trip to the store for coffee, I'll be working on beading and stitching and knitting and who knows what else --- time to move along

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!
"Den of Iniquity known as Michael's" Oh, you are a crack up, girl! What fun things are you going to make now!???

Bev said...

hard telling what might come into my crazy little brain!