Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crystals and Birdhouse Paint

The first real "color" coat of paint is on the birdhouses.

A bright spring green, a shade of blue the color of the painter's tape and a pale pink that I mixed and probably won't be able to match again

The DH and I had a long talk about what the basic shapes are that I need to make the little felted birds.

The next layer of paint will be added today


All of the crystals have their netted bezels (I left the working threads attached so I can just pick them up and use them to do the attachments later.

This is the basic layout I'm going to use for the necklace, and now that I have the actual materials laid out I like it even better than I thought I would.

Next step is the herring bone cord to go through the leave and attach to the big crystals


Yesterday I sold another item from my Etsy store --- so today I'll be setting up the machine to embroider another dog toy or two.

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

I was thinking about going back and commenting on several of your previous posts, but I decided not to try and play catch up...

The little birdhouses are looking good; I'm anxious to see what kinds of birds come to roost.

Wish I could see the necklace in person, it looks (and sounds) like it's going to turn out really well.

Another Etsy sale? WAY KEWL, keep it up!