Friday, February 27, 2009

Purple Leaf complete!

Finished!

And I really like the look of this one!

I really didn't think I'd complete this yesterday, but the "chain" parts went together so easily I just kept on working and suddenly it was done.

Funny how once the right materials all come together how easy it is to get a piece finished.

So, after I finished this I pulled out some pieces of black stone and I'm fiddling with another design idea.

If you remember the Diva necklace (if not, you can go here to check it out), I was playing with the idea of asymetrical balance. My plan is to take what I learned with that piece and what I learned doing the purple leaf piece and combine some of those techniques for the new one.

Right now the working title for the new one is "Black Magic" --- we'll see if it's actually magic or if it turns out to be voodoo!

You may recall the mention a while back of a bench being built by the DH to go with my loom. Yesterday we went off to the hardware store and picked up the rest of the materials needed to complete it. It's going to be WAY COOL!! The legs and the materials for the little shelf he's building under the seat cost more that all of the rest of it, but since the top is oak, the legs needed to be something better than cheap pine. No doubt the dog will have to go out and do more supervising while he works on it.

Work on the Unidentified Christmas Project is progressing, as is the zebra knitting.

Time to go get some breakfast!

No comments: