Tuesday, December 21, 2010

fillet of sole?

heh, right

not the sort of sole you were thinking!

after running the load of whites through the dryer, the socks were the only thing that weren't dry

so, since the oven was warm, fresh from a baking project, I did something that my grandmother used to do all the time (ok, she had a gas stove and there was a pilot light, so the oven was always warm) -- I stuck the socks in on the rack and closed the door

by the time the oven had cooled off, the socks were dry --- YEAH!
and this is why the oven was warm in the first place

the annual baking of the doggie biscuits

we think the dogs deserve a little Santa present too, so every year I bake up a big batch -- some for my dog and some that go to my daughter's dogs -- and because everything in these comes out of the standard pantry, even the parrot at my daughter's house can have a piece of these

if you'd like to bake up a batch for your critters, you can use this link to Hattie's Kitchen for the recipe
oh look!

another completed project!

I'm still working on things that I need to have for my trunk show in January

this one is a cottonwood leaf and instead of using a plain fabric and rubber stamping leaves on it for the background, I used a fabric that was already printed with leaves

I don't like it as well, but it did come out ok

there are 2 more of this leaf series that are all kitted up to be worked on -- I hope I can manage to get those finished and get the patterns figured out in the next 3 weeks!

meantime, while the sleeves of the sweater I'm working on are fine, by the time I got the body worked up about 5 rows above the ribbing, it was clear that the body was going to be way too big, so last night I frogged the whole thing out --- and before I can start working on it again, I have to get a different cable for my Denise needle set -- the one I was using was shall we say "challenging" when I had 224 stitches on it, because the cable was a bit too long for just that many, putting fewer stitches on will be just too difficult logistically for knitting up an entire sweater body -- I'll be visiting the local shop that has those today -- hope to find what I need

onward!!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Ah, the lovely smell of Christmas baking...! (Heh.)