Wednesday, December 15, 2010

just the silly ol' grandma here

announcing the arrival of some one far more awesome than any art work I'm making

I was in the midst of working on a blog post last Wednesday morning when I got the call from my daughter

it was time!

we tossed stuff in the car and took off like a shot

since then I've been a little busy, but not so much with art work ---

holding the baby and helping out in the household with the dogs and the kitchen

we got home last night, and will go back for Christmas activities later in the week

here is what I had been writing before we took off:

after that second trip through the washer, here is the hat on the wig stand to dry

amazing!

can't wait for it to dry so I can start adding the flowers and beads around the brim


progress is being made on the hand bag

I've decided that the pocket for the cell phone will go on what is the right hand side in the picture, so I only put one small piece of decorative braid on that side

and more on the other side

probably will add something else in the center before I put on the wide stuff that will cover the two seams and the raw edges of the braid that is already there


a while back a friend in one of my quilting groups gave me a large stash of landscape fabrics to use in my projects

I wanted to do something as a thank you to her, and she asked me if I could do a Hawaii piece for her sister

I've been thinking about it for a while now, and here is the first of the drawings on the tracing paper all ready for me to add the color and start creating the patterns

it's kind of hard to tell what any of this is right now, except the mountain there to the left, which is Diamond Head

once again trying out new approaches, new techniques -- fun!
and because I was in the car a bit in the last few days, the sleeves for the sweater I'm making the DH are now all finished

in fact, I've got only 2 more rows of ribbing on the body of the sweater to do before I'll be into the pattern rows of that

moving along

(knitting was the only thing I worked on while I was away -- I had other things with me, but I just never got there!)

and as I write this, the washer and the dryer are humming along -- I'll be working on getting us all packed up to take off for Christmas

never a dull moment here!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

What a beautiful, beautiful baby! So grateful for the safe arrival, and that I can add an s now--Merry Christmas, grandmas together!