Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I did what?

that's my thought this morning as I sat down to post here

I checked the camera (my usual starting point) -- nope, no pictures there, not even a cute snap of a bird in the tree or the dog doing something silly

I know I was awake yesterday, and I didn't just sit and watch TV, honest!

there's just not much to take pictures of when

1. you sign and fold and stuff and seal 45 Christmas letters into the cards (which I had already addressed over the Thanksgiving weekend)

2. you successfully find a box in the house to pack up the packages that need to get shipped to California -- including re-wrapping one present in a different shaped box so they would all fit

3. you complete the most difficult step in the stealth Christmas sewing project

4. you work on the directions that go in the pattern that you need to have finished and ready to go for the trunk show that's happening in January

5. you work on the actual piece that the pattern is based on because you need to have it finished to show at said trunk show

6. you knit a new flower to be felted for the hat

7. you knit on the sleeve of the new sweater in process

8. you quilt 10 more aspen leaves

ok, maybe those last 4 items really could have had pictures taken somewhere along the line -- I'll try to do better with that

meantime, I feel sort of like I'm rattling around -- too many projects already completed and we're in "drop it all and go" mode because my daughter's baby could come any day (the due date is Dec 18, so she's already closer than I ever got since she came 3 weeks before her due date)

I've even already wrapped all of the Christmas presents (except the sock ones), and they are sitting in a pile on the floor of the living room waiting for bows

time to go start a new project or two

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Sounds busy to me. Dec 18 is my twin nephews' birthday; it's a very good day. Best wishes to her in her delivery.