Wednesday, December 22, 2010

they'll do

my little trip to the local store to find what I really needed for that knitting project was unsuccessful

they did, however, have these items (as well as an extra present to be tucked under the tree for someone)

while I really like my sets with the interchangeable points and cables, I'm not letting the ability to get the size I need get in the way of the progress on a project

besides, having an extra set of needles in sizes I use a lot isn't a bad thing -- knitters are known to have more than one project on the sticks!

oh, and those little plastic rings they sell to be used as markers, but the stash I had on hand has been slowly dwindling as a combination of getting dropped in the car or somewhere that made them disappear into the vacuum and the fact that I've been using them as hanging rings on the back of some of my smaller quilting projects

so now I'm set for knitting in the car as we set off on our Christmas journey!

load the car, harness up the dog and we're off

No comments: