Thursday, December 09, 2010

leaf it alone

the quilting on this piece is now finished

I had started this one a couple of months ago, along with two others on a similar theme, but after I finished the first two I decided I wanted to use this design to create a pattern for my trunk show

and then I did a bunch of other projects

so this week I realized that I have about 5 weeks to the trunk show and I probably should get busy on this

today I'll be doing the binding and trying to decide which side goes up and what sort of hanging device I will use -- the first two on this theme have "tabs" and a piece of natural wood as a hanging rod -- and I may do that again

I'll also be adding some beads and charms to this

other sewing got done yesterday too -- the stealth Christmas sewing is done!

more flowers got knit

my favorite is that dahlia looking piece -- and the daisy isn't bad either

I've got six flowers all knit up now, so this evening I'll probably do some leaves, but I'm really thinking I'd like to make at least one more of those dahlia things


yesterday something I had ordered for my friend in San Jose FINALLY arrived, so I have now wrapped and packed and that box is sitting in the front hall to go to the mail stop today -- actually its probably good that the ordered item was the last thing to show up -- I had to get it into wrapping paper right away to resist deciding to keep it for myself!

so today a trip for mailing (and stamps so I can mail the cards), some baking and more work on the leaf piece -- and maybe some work on the new Hoffman piece -- oh, and bows on that growing stack of presents for the folks here -- 'tis the season to be busy!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

That quilt is elegant, Bev.