Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ready to quilt

or at least that was the status of this piece when I took this picture a few days ago

it's been quilted now and I'm working on the applique leaves on the last piece I want to get finished before the trunk show

I can't show you that right now, though, as the cable that I was so careful to be sure I brought with me so I could download pictures from my camera has given up the ghost and will no longer cooperate so that the camera and the computer can talk to each other -- grrrrr! -- this pleases me not at all as you might guess

in the interim we had Christmas celebrations -- one with our daughter and son-in-law and grandson (his very first one at all of 10 days old!) and one with my sister and her husband

that second one was supposed to also include my nephew and my parents -- but my nephew had a cold and decided not to come and "share" it with the new baby (what a good guy!) -- and on Sunday morning, my mother called and told me that my dad was having some problems, and after she described the problem I told her she should take him to the ER

so the Christmas celebrations will conclude a bit later -- after my dad is out of the hospital

for now I'm working on projects and holding my grandson (wash, rinse, repeat!)

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I'm glad she took it seriously and took him to the hospital. Too often, people wait too long.