Friday, December 03, 2010

never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker

heh -- yeah, one of my favorite Peanuts quotes ever!

but no one said I can't have a wet sucker while I'm creating a pile of fabric leaves (I'll take one of those caramel apple ones, thank you)

this pile of leaves is what I've been working on for the last few days

all of these are two sided, fabric, have been stitched and turned and pressed

and the three on the right side there have been hand quilted -- all around the edges and the "veins" added

that would be 3 done and 58 to go

ACK!

well, no one said this was going to be fast

time spent yesterday on some other projects as well -- slowly closing in on having all the Christmas sewing finished

and now I'm trying to get a Christmas letter written so I can mail my cards

last night I decided to go ahead and frog out an entire sweater -- I will be using some of the yarn to create a whole new sweater for the DH -- not exactly a gift, since he sat and watched me do all of the "un-knitting", but hopefully he will like the new sweater that emerges as well as he liked the one I ripped because it had developed some wear issues

just a few more packages to wrap and I'll be ready to ship off Christmas to my California friend too

today, a few errands to run first, then back to work

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Christmas shipping? Actually to the point of shipping? Got a loooooong way to to go over here.