Tuesday, October 30, 2012

just a little progress

the piecing and applique are  all done on the blackbirds (and apologies for the poor picture)

I got the last of it done last night

so the plan for today on this piece is to press and make the sandwich so I can do the quilting on it  









since the black birds are getting close to being finished, I've been thinking about the piece for the next assignment

I did this sketch last night

the last assignment was supposed to be a "static" view, while this one is supposed to convey movement

does this work?

I'm thinking about some unusual color here too --- we'll see how that works out


yesterday I got the bear all cut out, and all of the quilting on the mug piece is done so I can get it bound

progress!

time to get to it again

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Given what day it is, that sketch looks like Sandy coming at that bird.

I love the colors on the done one.