Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Carousel horses


yup, that's the picture for today.

The wood horse is the one that DH is painting up for his bear. I finished dressing the little bear yesterday....in a lavendar sunsuit. Today I will brush her fur and trim any out of place hairs, then she will wait for her mighty steed to be completed. She's really quite cute!

I'm making progress with the polymer faces for the new collars. Need to apply one more coat of glitter glaze to each one then I'll be ready for actually designing the shape of the final pieces.

Have started working on the design of a sea shore piece that is worked around a piece of dyed shell. I'm trying to figure out how to work in some other pieces of shell, so that one is taking some time.

Beading is progressing on the sunrise. Except for the 1/4 inch strip down one side that I need to add, I'm down to just using blue beads, all of the clouds are finished for the most part.

And on the quilt, I have 1 more block to finish the embroidery on and I've started trimming the finished blocks for the setting strips. I'm going to try to do attic window set with dark brown "sills" and white "frames"....there is so much other pattern and color that I think this is the best way to present the blocks.

Well, lots to get done today, so I better get to it!

No comments: