Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dixie/Trixie and other projects





I did three new art cards yesterday. These are all based on pictures of pieces of jewelry I had created (2 of which I don't have any more). I tried a different technique with the moon card....it is made up of a layer of card stock then a layer of colored paper, then a layer of a non woven fabric that has the glitter stars printed on it.....I think I will try another one of these but with a dark background behind the stars....its real interesting material.

I did pick up some neat stuff to build frames around bear faces for some other art cards too....just have to print out the pictures of the bears!




The beading is done -- I think -- last time I thought I was finished, I cut it all out only to find that the work shrinks up in process, and I had to piece it to finish a piece long enough for the bracelet. This time I just made a paper copy of the piece which I can cut and fit then decide if its long enough....got to love technology!!

So I'll be digging about in the leather scraps looking for some purple leather to back this with to finish up the bracelet.....

Next piece will be the other bracelet.....working with greens, blues and some black for that one, and there is more pattern in the stone, so it may be more interesting that the rather bland background of this one.

Progress on another front: All 24 of the quilt blocks have the frames and sills on, now its time for ironing, trimming and setting the top together. Then I'll have to decide what kind of borders, etc., come next.

Trixie's Update














Well, here are my new pictures! Aren't they grand? I think I'm ready to be a star!

I hear there is a "Summer Bare (er...Bear)" contest on North Country Teddy Bears, so I think I'll be sending my best picture there....any votes on which one that should be? Drop me a comment and vote for your fav!!

TTFN!! Love, Trixie


And have we got attitude, or what?! Okay, time to get back to the everyday necessary stuff....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat cards, I'd like to see that moon card in person.

Love the photos, Trixie; I think the largest full length shot is the best, but would include a head shot showing off your baby blues and new eyelashes, if you can send more than one picture. Looking good!