Tuesday, March 25, 2008

dragons and beads



This is the original full size drawing





and this is the finished quilt top. You'll notice a few changes, especially along the right hand side where we thought more wave tops would be more interesting than the original drawing. I do like the way the water "spills" out into the border on that side too.

this is a "pre-pressing" photo as I once again had to "spritz" it is some places to take out the remaining blue pencil marks (those things are persistant, but such wonderful things that let me mark like crazy to get things to fit!

The drawings have been done and enlarged for the quilting pattern on the back. I still have to tape them together for the full sized version, but we're pretty much ready to go to get the "sandwich" put together

I'm excited! once I start quilting this one I get to start working on the patterns for the next project -- angels anyone?







Lookie! New beaded beads.....I've been having a grand time putting these together...the plan here is to have enough to make up some bracelets

I'm also going to be doing some to be made into some more earrings -- that doesn't require quite so many beads that match

Last night I finished the back of the sweater I'm working on, so now its on to the sleeves! Wow, progress at every turn -- how nice

time to get to it

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Bev, I always say it, but your designs are so awesome! You are so talented!

Bev said...

thanks so much Kelly!