Friday, March 28, 2008

Ouch!


My finger tips are quite sore this morning

Here in this little quilt (48x60) I put 240 bent safety pins yesterday afternoon (that's what the little silvery specks on the picture are)

No, I didn't count them as I went, I used that wonderful skill of mathmatics to count how many rows (16) and how many pins per row (15) and there you have it!

So I guess the countdown for progress at this stage will be how many pins have been removed.

I did start quilting (in the center of course) last night, but I didn't do enough to remove even one pin

:^(







The beading work on the new cuff bracelet is complete and last night I applied the Fray Check on the back to keep the threads stable. This may not be a necessary step, but I feel better if I do it on these, so there you go

Today I will be able to cut the leather backing and start making the bracelet sandwich. This is an interesting challenge since the "jelly" in the sandwich is a very stiff brass cuff while the "bread" is a piece of leather on the bottom and the beadwork on the top.

So, while I was fiddling around with beads yesterday I pulled out some to make another of these cuff bracelets in purples and pinks and crystal -- this should be interesting too.

Oh yeah, those beads I made over the weekend will finally get strung into bracelets today (I think)

Well, time's awastin'......

No comments: