Friday, March 07, 2008

where in we make a trip to the frog pond



so I've been working on knitting this sweater

slogging merrily along, FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS!!, and then I ran into this snag

I had reached the magic number of 19 inches where I was supposed to start doing the decreasing for the neck and arm holes and stuff

But WAIT!

there's something seriously wrong with this picture

now let's insert here that I am "tweeking" a sweater pattern that was originally designed for a woman, but even so, unless those pockets are intended to be breast supports, they are just NOT in the correct place

what's a pattern changer to do?

well, in this case, serious ripping

notice the lovely pink yarn that is run across the sweater (back at about 7.5 inches -- SOB!)

that is the place I ripped out to -- {sigh}

all is well, the sweater is back on the needles, the stitch count is all correct (a good thing!) and I'm redoing the pocket edges down where they really should be

ok, next time maybe I'll draw out the whole thing on graph paper before I begin

or not

No comments: