Thursday, March 20, 2008

making rework less boring


Let me say right off that I'd rather start from scratch and do a new "whatever it is" than to rework/repair/redo

Consider it a character flaw -- (who knew?)

But every year after the show season, when we do the inventory, I pull out pieces that have been damaged or just "don't cut it" and decide if they will be scrapped or reworked.

At last years inventory, I scrapped a lot of things and put all the parts back into the raw materials.

This was one piece, however that I really still liked the medallion, but the "chain" had gotten damaged.

So, in the last few days, I actually got around to making a whole new "chain", and the resulting necklace is (at least in my opinion) even better than the first version was.

and oh yes, there is NO METAL in this piece!

So, that rework complete, I can go back to doing new things --

meantime, other projects in the studio are moving right along -- I'm down to border pieces on the quilt top, and have finished one entire front on the sweater I'm knitting --

moving along!

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

I agree; I think the necklace looks much better with the beaded chain!

Bev said...

thank you!