Saturday, March 08, 2008

Signs of spring and cute animal pictures....



Yesterday I saw the first magpie in the yard.

Prancing all about in his "tux", all dressed up for a season of annoying the dog (magpies being the one bird the lab will actually go out and chase!)

It made me think we may actually see spring here before a really long time -- I'm watching the pile of leaves over my daffodil bed -- watching for the little green leaves to poke through because I know those will be followed soon with lovely yellow flowers.

All that brought on this doodling....



And this clip from USA Today just made me laugh.

Looks to me like this little koala is saying "a spoon of sugar would help this medicine go down!"







I think I'm slowly recovering from my disappointment of not getting to go to California next month. At least I am working on projects again, just not bears yet, although I have been thinking again about seeking out new online venues to promote the bears.

Real progress is being made on the quilt. I have almost all of the background complete, which means very soon I will be ready to applique the dragon to it. This is a very big step toward the completion of the project. I'm actually beginning to "mind draw" the patterns for the quilting as well.

Oh yes, we are now back to the place where I insert the pockets on the sweater again -- at a more reasonable "pocket" level -- the DH, for whom the sweater is being knit suggested that the former placement would be ideal for someone to stuff the pockets with kleenex so the wearer looked more "endowed" -- that had me ROTFLMAO!

Today I will be working on the quilt and a necklace I just started and the sweater, but tomorrow I'm taking the day to experiment with some new beading techniques to see if I can use them in a couple of projects I have in mind

No comments: