Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Beach Glass, Angels and Christmas Future

Completed project #3 for 2009

another piece of Rocky Mountain Beach Glass made up into a necklace

This piece began as a purple plate

breaking, tumbling and bead work later, it is ready for wearing

What I think is especially cool about this is the was the pattern in the plate is actually still visable in the glass, though not as deep and the color is muted

Nice

The embroidery on two of the three angels is complete

And I'm working on the third one



meantime, drawings for an UCP (unidentified Christmas project) are in the works -- it's nice to have one quilt to be quilting on and one to be piecing/appliquing on at the same time


This is also a Christmas 2009 project --- picture this cutie knit up in bright orange and royal blue

I found the pattern on a free pattern web site, and now I need to figure out how much yarn it takes and see if I have enough on hand or if I need to go shopping

It's kind of fun to do these 3 dimensional knittting projects along with the knitting of clothing and afgan squares --- keeps things interesting!



Today I will be spending some time working on a HUGE power point presentation that I'm actually getting paid for --- nice to know it's worth putting the time in on it.

into the fray

No comments: