Thursday, January 15, 2009

ready to go quilting
















Yup, I finished putting the panels together

The idea was to make these look like stained glass windows in a stone wall, and I'm pretty pleased with the effect

Today I will be putting the backing/batting/top sandwich together so I can start in on the quilting.

The quilting in the "glass panels" will be right along each appliqued piece to accent the shapes and in the gray panels will loosely follow the variations in color to make it look more like stone.

Considering I just guessed on how much fabric to buy for the back (it's that same gray) and the stripping, I did pretty well --- I have enough left to do the loops for the hanging and a small piece for the stash

Yesterday the last of Christmas got put away (well, ok, except for the candles, which don't go to the garage storage, and still need to be carried down to the basement), so it's onward to projects!!

No comments: