Saturday, January 17, 2009

more of the "knitting on faith" project

here's the next picture of this peculiar object

actually there are three pieces here --- one big one and two idential little ones (at the bottom right edge, stacked on top of each other)

notice that these are now "off the sticks"

I'm moving on to the next instruction that begins with the blue yarn again

Very interesting


Meantime, work continues on the new Diva necklace. I have half of the "chain" done, and am now on the third try at "framing" a really big (and extremely nice) slice of shell that has a good sized blister pearl on it.

I decided last night that trying to use the ordinary netting frame around it just would not work --- it's too big, so now I'm building a right angle weave backing that I will create a net from that will go around the edges -- almost as if it were glued down to a backing and I could just stitch around it, but I can't do with this piece because it is curved and would not lie flat for that treatment.

So far this has been a challenging piece, but not outside the vision, so I'm still happy with it.

I'll try to remember to take a picture or two of the "in process" steps.

time to roll

No comments: