Thursday, January 08, 2009

One more angel and a shopping trip

I finished the embroidery on the last angel panel last night

It was fun doing the hair of each angel a different color and style -- this is Raphael, and I did the embroidery with a rayon floss which has a lovely sheen to it, but is a real pain to work with as it wants to turn every which way and tie itself in knots!

The next plan for the three panels is to do some additional highlighting and shading with the fabric markers to give a little more depth to the faces, then I'll be ready to actually put the whole thing together so I can start quilting



Work progresses on the UCP -- the DH is working on the first of the drawings which will then be scanned and blown up to create full size patterns --- we're finally getting this process down to something familiar so that the drawing/pattern stage moves along much quicker.

I spent quite a bit of time working on a bracelet yesterday. I had started this one a while back but when I got to the clasp stage I was stalled because the usual methods didn't work. As usual, putting something aside and working on something else gives my brain a chance to come up with alternate ideas. We found some magnetic clasps in the bargin bin at the local craft store and I decided to try one of those (I've never worked with them before), and it's going to be great on this piece. Hopefully I finish this one today.

The shopping trip yesterday included purchasing the bright orange and blue yarn for the Christmas knitting project, and last night I started in on it --- the snoot has been knit of bright blue and I have just started into the first of the orange yarn --- pictures of the project "on the sticks" to follow soon

We've started taking down our Christmas decorations -- a little each day for about a week makes this a lot less stressful than trying to do it all at once.

time to get busy!!

No comments: