Monday, January 26, 2009

parts and pieces

I actually like doing really big projects -- the kind that take time to plan and calculate and organize
the problem with that is that it takes a while to have anything to show for the work being done

so today, pictures of two projects in process

these are the pieces for the beaded necklace I'm working on right now

slices of shell and pieces of pink quartz encircled with size 11 and size 15 seed beads

so far I've used right angle weave, peyote stitch and 2 different kinds of netting

I'm hoping to get to the "putting it together" stage by the end of the week.

and these are the last pieces of the odd orange knitting

today's work on this will be starting the stitching up so it will actually begin to look like something recognizable (hopefully!)


I'm turning cartwheels for having completed another project -- a huge power point presentation that will allow a community opera company to project the subtitles for their production. I had hoped to have it ready for them to review by February 1, and I'm a week ahead of myself --- YIPPEE!! (oh yes, I'm going to get paid for this one too --- which means more art supplies and show fees --- hurrah!)

Today (being Monday) I'll be working on projects between loads of laundry and watching the snow fall --- it's too cold to venture out for anything further than the mail.

What will your day bring?

No comments: