Wednesday, January 28, 2009

beginning to take shape

I got all the parts stitched up

odd, aren't they?

still!

it's somewhat "rumply" around the back side -- I must have been the model

ok, I promise this will look more like something reasonable soon (I hope)

I began putting together the Diva necklace yesterday. This is sometimes the point at which I discover I was crazy when I did the original design -- as in "whatever made me think this would work", but so far this one has been a pleasure -- up to the point when one of the size 11 seed beads in the row I was attaching broke, meaning that I have to take out a couple of rows and rework them -- so that was the point that I put it aside to be returned to today. I have learned this is my best work approach. It generates less mumbling and swearing.

Meantime in yesterday's mail I got a little padded envelope with a beaded piece that I had made for a lady a while back that she had damaged and wants repaired. She also enclosed a check for the repair and the postage back to her. I'll be trying to get this repair done to go out in tomorrow's mail. Wow!!

Today, being our monthly pay day will include our monthly Costco trip where we purchase meat, coffee, fish oil capsules -- stuff we can get cheaper by buying in larger amounts. It's one of our little household games --- right along with using coupons and buying mark downs at the grocery store --- save whatever we can there so we can use the $$ for things like silver and beads and fabrics and yarn and clay --- it's all about priorities!!

time to get moving

No comments: