Thursday, January 22, 2009

Meet Cupcake



and aren't we cute?

no, that's not dirt on her nose -- it's "sugar" from the cupcake!

this bear was completed for a challenge over at Mohair Divas, and I'm pretty pleased with how she looks.

Cupcake is 13 inches tall. She is made of white mohair that has a dark gray backing. Fully jointed, she has glass eyes and is stuffed with polyfil.

Her footpads, nose and inside of her mouth are made of a very nice upholstery velour and I used needlefelting to give her the chubby cheeks and the fat tummy (one of the cool things about needlefelting is I could even give her a belly button).

Her "cupcake" is also needlefelted then put into a foil fluted candy paper so it looks like a cupcake with sparkly sugar on top -- I used very fine iridescent glitter for the sugar on top of the cupcake and on the bear's face.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

I think she's adorable!