Friday, January 09, 2009

A bracelet completed















I've been fiddling with this thing for months, and I'm happy to report it is FINALLY off my work table!!

The stones in this were originally part of the now defunct "let the river run" project, but the form of the bracelet itself is a whole new thing -- formed on the same kind of materials that I use when I'm making a bracelet with a metal cuff inside -- only without the cuff.

It has a magnetic clasp, another first for any piece I've done

Then there is the whole "texture" of this piece. Instead of stitching the beads in patterns on their sides, each bead is standing upright with another small bead at the top, so they all stand up away from the cuff at different heights -- sort of like a Psychedelic Porcupine -- LOVE this technique, and I'll be using it again!!

The edges of this bracelet are not "regular", but sort of curve and flow, and there are openings between the other stones -- a kind of "negative space" that also adds to the "irregularness"

This is definately an "out of the box" style for my work, and I really like it

So, who knows what I'll work on next -- there are some more of the stones from the river project just hanging around -- and there is beach glass to play with -- oh, and tomorrow the box of goodies I ordered should arrive so I can start on the piece I designed on New Year's Eve --

ahhhhhh, so many ideas --- so little time in the day

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's really pretty! Where have you been? I sent you an E-mail a week ago.

K.