Friday, April 16, 2010

daffodils and quilt tops

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;"

I can hear in my head my grandmother reciting this poem by Wordsworth

she recited a lot of poetry to me and in the process helped me love to play with words and enjoy the lyrics of music as well

my host of golden daffodils is in full glory -- its still cold here in the mornings, but seeing this every morning helps chase away the chill
the top is done!

I finished stitching on the last border yesterday afternoon then squirted the whole thing with cold water to take out all of the markings from the construction

today there will be pressing and the pinning of the backing/batting/top sandwich

I'm trying to figure out what sort of pattern I should use to quilt it, and I'm leaning toward an all over ripple like water in a pond

I'll be taking it over to the store so I can decide what color quilting thread I'm going to use -- I like the light blue spool I've done a lot of the applique work with (especially on the center fish), but there isn't enough of it left, so a new spool is required

work on trees and sunflowers continues as well -- there are now 3 of the 7 trees attached, and the sunflower is getting a stem

the Christmas sweater if now 1.463% complete (hehe -- I love throwing in those statistics, it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something!)

onward!

No comments: